I walk alone,
I used to have you.
but now I walk alone.
I sleep alone.
I used to sleep beside you
but now I sleep alone.
I talk alone,
I used to talk to you
all day about everything,
now I don't talk at all.
I watch movies alone,
listen to music alone,
I used to do all those things with you.
I dream alone,
no more dreams of you,
I've forgotten what you look like,
my dreams are nightmares
and I wake up in the middle of the night
to comfort me
and dry my tears.
I know I'm alone.
Because I don't have you
Laura Avelar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (alone by Laura Avelar )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)