Alone In A Crowd
She wanders through the crowd
It is as though she wasn't even there
No one acknowledges her presence
She is but a breath of air.
Have you ever felt alone in a crowd?
Wished you could be part of the scene
Felt as if everyone looks passed you
Wondered what it would be like to be heard.
She opens her mouth but no sound is heard
She walks but leaves no footprint in the sand
She feels no warmth within her heart
She hears no one call her name.
Next time you walk the busy street
Look for the wisp for it may be her
As you admire a beautiful sunset
Listen for the rustle of her words.
There is nothing more painful
As being alone in a crowd
Nothing so crushing
As having no voice.
See her, hear her, feel her love
She has so much she wants to give......
Alison Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone In A Crowd by Alison Smith )
- O women, gajanan mishra
- Storm, Md. Asadullah
- To Fall, Morgan Michaels
- Folks You Can't Forget, Donal Mahoney
- Sara, Birgitta Heikka
- ZZ Ebola Seen In Light Of The 1976 Swine.., Saiom Shriver
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
- Midnight Conversation in a Bar, Donal Mahoney
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)