James Walter Orr
Alone in my Garden
I stand in the last patch of sunlight
and I glean the last rays of the sun.
The scents of the flowers waft o'er me,
as though they and the sunrays are one.
I see the ghosts of old memories unfolding
in the shadows of each tree and bush,
and they touch me with nostalgic fingers
and my memories come back with a rush.
I see a face that can rival each flower;
Smell aromas to rival each scent.
I shiver with joy as she touches
where all the old memories are pent.
I remember the vows that she made me
in that time that they call long ago,
and I weep that a woman's so fickle;
and I wonder just where did she go?
She promised undying devotion;
She said at my feet she would kneel.
I just wanted her walking beside me,
and I wish she were walking here still.
She said forever was only one chapter;
that the future, forever, we'd own,
and I look at this garden around me,
wondering why I am standing alone.
James Walter Orr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone in my Garden by James Walter Orr )
- The Limit Of Money., Tony Adah
- Haiku ' Help ', miken newman
- Part Of Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hope, Khairul Ahsan
- Lawful And Right, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'La Zona 37', Edward Kofi Louis
- Falling Down, Edward Kofi Louis
- FIRST LOVE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Hidden treasure of her beauty, ademola oluwabusayo
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2010, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)