Aloof none should remain where two may share.
Why st[r]ay away from strife of feelings which
when spent sans counting only make more rich -
are deep summations difficult to bear?
Let go! glow! flow! emotions everywhere
replace past distance with a future close
where depth, unspoken, may rephrase verbose
superficiality too bare.
Open wide, within spin out aware
not as a line to hook a fish or two,
shrug off old shackles, tackle something new -
that tenderness two miss when one's not there.
Offer yourself the luxury of care,
not as a duty, but beyond that swim
through seas of sentiments you used to skim
in search of self who self denied... prepare
Fulfilment signing tenderness so rare,
that few accept it, fewer recognize
empathy which never needs disguise. -
Are these emotions difficult to bear?
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aloof by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- From words and acts, gajanan mishra
- bring this tech down a little, Mandolyn ...
- Molecules Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bond exists, hasmukh amathalal
- Deliverance, JRose Sanders
- Only answer, hasmukh amathalal
- Mirrored Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- insert emotion here, Mandolyn ...
- Prince Johnson's Cannibalism, Richard Thripp
- Rain Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak