Selective memory pardons, covers,
when one road taken diverges from another.
When fingertips are offered and arms swallowed,
then only carbon dating shows through layers erosion hollowed.
Yesterday's landmarks dissolve into today's watershed tears,
what self-respect survives to follow elective memory
altered, sacrificed upon the altar of inevitable mortality?
Second thought centuries stretch into aeons, misrecall short-sold years.
That which is cast down cannot be recast as who has passed
though seemingly clear at first, progressively fades, overcast
by haze, daze, phase phrase submitting too frequently to oubli.
Time flies yet zapped fly trapped in sapped ointment is found frozen for eternity.
Hollow-wallow tunnel vision discovers
deflected thoughts, who'd cause/effect recover,
subjective objects shift perspectives subtle
as choices chance discarded options scuttle.
Points' questions filed fall by the board's abrasive emery.
As set in amber, rose remains
lost trace of lost love's joys or pains.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ambered Amnesia by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Face in the Passing Train, David Lewis Paget
- Awareness of the Truth (Section 36 of Th.., rajendran muthiah
- The Poetic Art & Craft of O.N.Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart
- stillness and stomping lightly, Mandolyn ...
- Time And Season, Johnny Goyena
- Honesty, Tony Adah
- Child Of The Rainforest, Denis Martindale