Her economy dies.
Killed by people you can't trust.
America cries as we bite the dust.
America cries. Now come the whys.
No one could see it?
You've got to be kidding.
America cries as the Neros were fiddling.
The capitalist system is so out of hand.
The capitalists have taken over our land.
What's left for us?
Not much you see
except more taxes for you and for me.
Lending and spending, spending and lending,
the crying and weeping will be never-ending.
America cries and says its goodbyes
to times of financial prosperity.
The financial sting that's played like a game
stock market crashes?
foreclosures to blame?
No. America you played into the hands.
They've dumbed us down so no one understands.
America cries. Where were the wise?
They left long ago and will not return.
America cries for she refuses to learn.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (AMERICA CRIES by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am ok as I am, Tim Holmes Jr
- Raindrops On The Window Pane (Greek), Elia Michael
- Did Jesus Make Love?, Monk E. Biz
- Darkness and Light, Terrance Tracy
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES من بطون الايام, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hide and sick play, gajanan mishra
- Hide and sick, gajanan mishra
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- It is better to write a poem, gajanan mishra
- Years are fine, Cigeng Zhang