cheryl davis miller
Shame upon us America
we have looked the other way.
Refused to see or hear the truth;
believing what liars say.
Had it been our's left there to die;
then perhaps we may have cared.
Those lost patriots families
painful grief we would have shared.
We just watched our favorite shows
those so-called realities.
Ignoring those few speaking of
Now the truth is coming out for
all America to see.
Will we go watch some more TV
or wage war for Benghazi?
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (American Shame by cheryl davis miller )
- The Truth, Tony Adah
- National feeling, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Key to my Dreams, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Just want to tell you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- I really want to be with you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Moon fever, ramesh rai
- Emotions at the door, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- unpredictable love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- The Matyr, Tony Adah
- Los Primeros Días del Otoño, Hebert Logerie
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(600 - 670)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)