Amongst The Shadows
Where am I going? I don't know,
Head is spinning, thoughts are low,
This energy lost to sad dispair,
To live again, my spirit grow.
I've lost the spark, the real connection,
I'm heading in the wrong direction,
A mere shadow of myself,
I need to love, to feel affection.
The webs been spun, I've made my bed,
Sad thoughts surround my weary head,
Plagued by my own misery,
Wary of each step I tread.
I'm standing here within the shadows,
I long to walk the fresh green meadows,
Will I always cry for yesterday?
Breathing memories and distant echoes?
I need some real motivation,
I've missed the train here at the station,
The need to catch a falling star,
Maybe then, I'll find true elevation.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amongst The Shadows by Jayne Davies )
- Religion's Devils, Naveed Akram
- My Son Ali, kassem oude
- Hit Music, Michael McParland
- Mind, Soul and Spirit, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Drivers lessons, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I love you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- love, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Under the stairs., Harold R Hunt Sr
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)