John Kipling Lewis
An Affair to Remember
We share the same cabin while the rest of the passengers sleep.
Jack and Coke for two, we spill out our lives... our love.
Yours lost, mine found.
For the voyage we fall in love and in that cabin the stewards talk about us behind our backs. You tell me I have a special spirit, but I don't believe in such things. I tell you that you amaze me with your tenacity and drive, but you don't believe in such things.
At the end you kiss my hands with tears in your eyes.
No one will wait at the Empire State building.
The entire affair ends when we depart, never repeated except in our memories.
I'll just take my ego for a walk.
John Kipling Lewis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Affair to Remember by John Kipling Lewis )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- In this body-chariot, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Transforming Reason And Logic, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Key Of An Inner Universe, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Appreciating God, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Exceptional Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None Sweeter, Michael McParland
- The First-poem Writers of Indian English.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Old man Standing, michael hagwood
- Angelwalk 1, Mr. Spock