John G. Nelson
An aging soul
An aging soul, silent nights & seasons
How we count days, amount just a few
And fight against the judgments of time.
To extend, stretch the brevity of life.
An aging soul, man seeks power to save
fight aging, death to which we’re slaves
and neither sorrow nor agitations asleep,
here in our bones, we fight ills that creep,
There exit Many sorrows, trials & pains
Whose hands wreck, annihilate our gains
we search vigor, place hope in our bones,
Unfortunately, life springs and fast gone.
Who could hold still, the breath of life?
Dreams & hopes, a sudden smile & gains
Whose friendship, love last, but few mist?
& Far more with life, there is no bargain.
Aging soul, a woe of some divine despair
Can’t escape, the lonely nights here below,
But wail the dread of death and sorrows,
And call God to soften, the fears that arise.
John G. Nelson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An aging soul by John G. Nelson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(September 16, 1925 – August 22, 2011)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- Forgiveness, Eugene Latumbo
- Wrapping Paper, Bows, and You, Nika McGuin
- The imperfect world, Cyrus Shaftang
- Marriage, Marlin Nightingale
- Ruins الاطلال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Your eyes, Leong Ming Loong
- Studentship., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Knowing the Truth, Nika McGuin
- I write, Nassy Fesharaki
- Assuredly بالتأكيد, MOHAMMAD SKATI