An Artist's Delight..: -)
Not with a gush of blood,
But filled with thoughts that flood,
'Blue', 'yellow', and the 'Green',
To paint something no one has seen,
An Artist paints on his mind's screen.
With strokes as gentle as it can be,
it's sheer creativity he wants it to be.
Thoughts change into strokes as he goes on
the strokes which tell a story for everyone.
May it be a day or a night,
the artist goes on with all his might,
To bring his work to the world's light.
Not for money nor for fame,
If people don't admire it, it's indeed their shame.
And finally when his work is done,
There comes a smile that no one can shun.
For it's the delight in him for the world to see,
And perhaps take it's place in History
Deepak Calyampoondi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Artist's Delight..: -) by Deepak Calyampoondi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Am Third, Perry Biggerstaff
- Nigeria Political Vampires, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila
- The Main Ingredient, Lawrence S. Pertillar