An Artist's Delight..: -)
Not with a gush of blood,
But filled with thoughts that flood,
'Blue', 'yellow', and the 'Green',
To paint something no one has seen,
An Artist paints on his mind's screen.
With strokes as gentle as it can be,
it's sheer creativity he wants it to be.
Thoughts change into strokes as he goes on
the strokes which tell a story for everyone.
May it be a day or a night,
the artist goes on with all his might,
To bring his work to the world's light.
Not for money nor for fame,
If people don't admire it, it's indeed their shame.
And finally when his work is done,
There comes a smile that no one can shun.
For it's the delight in him for the world to see,
And perhaps take it's place in History
Deepak Calyampoondi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Artist's Delight..: -) by Deepak Calyampoondi )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- The song of a bird - a translation of a .., Ravikumar C.P.
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan
- Love so unkempt..., Kenneth Maswabi
- morning conversation, oskar hansen
- Rescued, Ima Ryma
- Temptation of Xuanwu Lake, Luo Zhihai
- Ghazal: In Silence, Mimi Khalvati
- Awaiting for March, Rimni chakravarty
- Of Snowdrape On Winterscape..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry