Glen Martin Fitch
AN 'ELEGY' FOR IRONY
how we loved to watch you tie
our muddled minds
into a knotted maze.
Your jests and jokes
did twist each question,
till heart and head
were drugged in deadly daze.
never have you had such praise
for tense distortion,
farce and helplessness.
With hope abandoned,
darkest night betrays
and only Death to bless.
And yet in spite of Lethe,
I must confess my heart still beats
and wiser have I grown,
while I have no spirit left to guess,
I know the constants
even you have known.
And so if queer queens love
and scapegoats die
won't spring reveal the truth
of every “lie”?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (AN 'ELEGY' FOR IRONY by Glen Martin Fitch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Shot, Your Time, Maverick Jones
- Our Very Limited Time, Jeff Gangwer
- High-octane Lovers, Simon Quperlier
- LUVin The LATER, Mandolyn Davidson
- Madman On The 10, Juan Olivarez
- COPLA SESENTA: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Losing My Mind, Maverick Jones
- Concepts Of Virtue, Joseph T. Renaldi
- im looking for a g f, cristobal Benjumea
- Walking Away Strong, Maverick Jones