An Epic Love Story
Sharing our love is a grand tale
of two youthful lovers, who seemed as if they could not fail;
tremendously instant attractions encompassed
the freshly blended lovebirds appeared as though enchanted
profoundly, captivatingly mystifying
love, which instilled each blessed day together - enjoying
the long-forgotten happiness. Never mind
the excruciating highly unfortunate unkind
distance which woefully keeps them apart. Yet, this cross-ocean
relationship would not deter - both experienced countless heartbroken
affections prior to their lavish encounter;
their spellcast heart's instantaneously exploded. Furthermore,
they preciously shared their love with the world, and therefore,
all whom delightfully witnessed - marvelled in amazement -
as the two of them understood, the onlookers too, never saw torment.
There was not a despairing conclusion,
For not a single person sensed an inclination
of such an end to be in sight, except to be sunshine bright.
Grievously, such a stupendous love they had, it could not last,
henceforth, it is now but a mere memory of their past;
imprisoned in the cage of sorrow. She could now love another fellow,
as for the young man, he now awaits for a new lass.
Until the day arrives, his heart shattered in many pieces of glass,
the once infatuation-turned-husband of his love;
feeling that he is blameworthy for this abrupt end
to what he treasured so much, she will not even be his friend,
their life-coexisting aspirations are but make-believe.
Realizing, the days of wonderment, they will never retrieve.
Your regret of our relationship was honest -
it made no difference how little -
it ripped my soul, thus making my heart brittle;
your heart, however, still thumps for the one before I, possibly?
from the beginning terribly.
In any case, this is irrelevant now - wishing you a love so true
that I from this point on bid you adieu.
Nicholas Nikolov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Epic Love Story by Nicholas Nikolov )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Spirit, Paul Moosberg
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Failure of Communion, Judith Wright
Poem of the Day
- Salt on Watermelon 2, Kim Barney
- Christmas Carol,, Luo Zhihai
- I Know, I Believe, Kim Hilliker
- I Will, Michael P. McParland
- Rooftop Stronghold 2, Kim Barney
- I Want To Wake Up, Michael P. McParland
- Road Warriors, Charles Wright
- The Human Quagmire, Lukas Sotola
- Lunacy, Lukas Sotola
- Lovely place as heaven, hasmukh amathalal