It is an island
The mother’s land
Means for livelihood
Best place for sport
Small boats use it as port
Waves reach shore
To wash the feet and adore
Show of attachment therefore
Mankind and humanity
Kindness with quality
Will it not be grace from almighty?
I continue to wonder
But soon burst into laughter
Waves rush more water
Where does vastness lay?
In silence or in sway
I have nothing more to say
hasmukh amathalal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An island by hasmukh amathalal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay