An ocean without parameters
What is this Eden they all talk of?
Who can recall that old proverb?
A bird in the hand,
Take these humble, beginnings...
Isn’t the throbbing of a breast?
A fire brand: the brocades, broach?
A flower, burning with; hot desire.
What could be more meaningful?
What is meaning? The meaning…
Without; time or place?
Like a musical-box, without music.
Or an ocean without parameters,
What is this driftwood, existence?
…Life without end: without death.
Without meter or rhyme!
Surely, heaven has no sustenance.
As subsidence, only creates gluttony.
‘It’s endless, unquenchable, greed’.
Surely our appetites wouldn’t exceed...
Their entire confounded constraints.
And, then what non mortal loathing’s…
Would we be, in this Garden of Eden?
Dreamed; unpardonable, and yet free.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An ocean without parameters by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- On Hearing On The Radio That The Brontos.., mary douglas
- Multi love is natural., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Second Language, Tony Adah
- Shed the hatred to shine., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Do Some of Us Defile This Conservative P.., Monk E. Biz
- Nightlife, Michael McParland
- Somnolence, Tony Adah
- A Village Hero, umaprosad das
- I No Longer Care About Your Police Record!, Monk E. Biz
- Summer Song, Kawa Karpo