An ode for all Christmas Workers.
At Christmas time, while most enjoy the day
please spare a little thought for those who can't.
For those who have agreed to toil away,
so humbly, unlike those who rave and rant.
The firemen, police and hospitals,
The Forces and the ones who tend the sick
These selfless souls alleviate the ills
regardless of the needless rhetoric
from those who take for granted what they do.
Who blindly just expect that it's their job.
A special day for just the lucky few?
(Whose main concern's the veggies on the hob?)
I doff my cap to all who work this day
(And triple time is not too much to pay; ¬)
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An ode for all Christmas Workers. by Dan Reynolds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey