An Ode to Ladu
Where have you gone little one?
Mummy needs you.
She thinks of your softness,
night and day.
Come back little one.
She thinks of your warm body,
breathing, sighing, twitching,
when you sleep.
Do let her see you,
at the gate,
with your adoration filled eyes,
Mummy is home,
with treats no less.
She'll tickle your ears,
and rub your tummy.
Just come back,
With your snuffly wet nose,
and your wagging behind.
She won't make you sit,
She won't say no.
She'll play fetch,
and cuddle all day.
Please, please come back.
Because when life is powerful,
And she is beaten,
Your slobbery love
sends it all away.
Shivangi Chaturvedi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Ode to Ladu by Shivangi Chaturvedi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Stephen Wylie
Mikhail Yuryevich Lermontov
(1814 - 1841)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- And The Moon And The Stars And The World, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Is God both Interventionist and non-inte.., Merton Lee
- Fitina Mai Sand'a, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Diana's Pool, Julyn Pride
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Villanelle: When countries slaughter mai.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Coywolf, Julyn Pride
- December Walk, Julyn Pride
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro