An Ode to Ladu
Where have you gone little one?
Mummy needs you.
She thinks of your softness,
night and day.
Come back little one.
She thinks of your warm body,
breathing, sighing, twitching,
when you sleep.
Do let her see you,
at the gate,
with your adoration filled eyes,
Mummy is home,
with treats no less.
She'll tickle your ears,
and rub your tummy.
Just come back,
With your snuffly wet nose,
and your wagging behind.
She won't make you sit,
She won't say no.
She'll play fetch,
and cuddle all day.
Please, please come back.
Because when life is powerful,
And she is beaten,
Your slobbery love
sends it all away.
Shivangi Chaturvedi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Ode to Ladu by Shivangi Chaturvedi )
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns