Give me the strength
To move further away
From where I am
And plant my foot firmly
On the top soil
And then grow deeper roots.
Give me the vision
To recognize my weaknesses
And the strength to conquer them
While staying firm footed
In face of hostile adversaries.
Let the seed
Of goodness sprout within me
Grow steadily unhindered
Outspread its branches
Grow flowers and fruits
So that I can place them before you
As my humble or maybe silly offerings.
Rajesh Thankappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
However, what we require to ponder upon is whether God who is omnipotent requires such offering?
Comments about this poem (An Offering by Rajesh Thankappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.38, Robert Graber
- Fire Tempest, Buxton Shippy
- Call On The Holy One, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- I Am Sorry, Yogiraj Biplab
- Fetching, Saiom Shriver
- Blackberry Pickers, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Lost Voice, akshaya shah
- The Soul And The Spirit Of The Race, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- my pair of pretty is all grown up, Mandolyn ...
- A Short Poem, Toshie Nohara