*An Unceasing Tick Tock
Call out to the morning,
Let it raise its curtain on your day.
Watch the golden dawning,
Paint the sky in glorious array.
Smile wide at the sunshine,
Let its warmth change the sky’s greys to blues.
Watch all yellows combine,
In such extraordinary views.
Lift eyes and scan the sky,
Let it wake up your sleepy head.
Watch the clouds floating by,
Where eagles proudly fly, their wings spread.
Pause and breath in the awe,
Let its wonder fill your mind with balm.
Watch all the magic pour,
Filling one with peacefulness and calm.
Move along the hours,
Let them advance by the changing clock.
Watch as times own powers,
Are heard by an unceasing tick-tock.
Wait then for the darkness,
Let it close its curtain on your day.
Watch the twilight progress,
As the night holds the world in its sway.
Ernestine Northover's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*An Unceasing Tick Tock by Ernestine Northover )
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak