*An Unceasing Tick Tock
Call out to the morning,
Let it raise its curtain on your day.
Watch the golden dawning,
Paint the sky in glorious array.
Smile wide at the sunshine,
Let its warmth change the sky’s greys to blues.
Watch all yellows combine,
In such extraordinary views.
Lift eyes and scan the sky,
Let it wake up your sleepy head.
Watch the clouds floating by,
Where eagles proudly fly, their wings spread.
Pause and breath in the awe,
Let its wonder fill your mind with balm.
Watch all the magic pour,
Filling one with peacefulness and calm.
Move along the hours,
Let them advance by the changing clock.
Watch as times own powers,
Are heard by an unceasing tick-tock.
Wait then for the darkness,
Let it close its curtain on your day.
Watch the twilight progress,
As the night holds the world in its sway.
Ernestine Northover's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*An Unceasing Tick Tock by Ernestine Northover )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- AM 8/24, Jorge Rolon
- My EX Wants You, wanderer sailor
- Someone's Stories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Alchemy, Andrew Waller
- RAINS IN THE PAST, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- who slipped me a mickey?, Mandolyn ...
- Through Fine Curtains, Looking At Her Co.., mary douglas
- Glory Of The Rat, Joseph Walden
- I am a poet at night, Mark Heathcote
- Forced To Live Within Their Means, Lawrence S. Pertillar