...And Carry A Big Stick
Walk softly, boy and always carry
a stick to chase your foes away
go get the girl you want to marry
and build that house on Horseshoe Bay.
It is not money or connections
that would secure a place for all
what matters is in which direction
you kick and follow your own ball.
Stand firm and be prepared to fight
don't compromise and don't deceive
and raise your stick when you are right
while others webs for devils weave.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...And Carry A Big Stick by Herbert Nehrlich )
- Fair And Equal World, Asghar Nazeer
- Really, it was, gajanan mishra
- Paradox, Paula Glynn
- i write because i'm not very good at darts, Mandolyn ...
- September, Charles Hancock
- Once Summer Comes, Edgar Stevenson
- My Address, gajanan mishra
- With Dogs And Rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who Wilt Preach?, Sir Toby