Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayakovsky (1893-1930 / Russia)
And Could You?
I suddenly smeared the weekday map
splashing paint from a glass;
On a plate of aspic
the ocean's slanted cheek.
On the scales of a tin fish
I read the summons of new lips.
could you perform
a nocturne on a drainpipe flute?
Poet Other Poems
- A Cloud In Trousers - epilogue
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I
- A Cloud In Trousers - part II
- A Cloud In Trousers - part III
- A Cloud In Trousers - part IV
- An Extraordinary Adventure Which Happene...
- And Could You?
- At The Top Of My Voice
- But Could You?
- Could You?
- From Street To Street
- Past One O'Clock
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Past One O'Clock by Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayakovsky )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley