Lawrence S. Pertillar
And...The Winner Is
Many times those with good intentions,
Are better off just to leave them 'intended'.
Keep the idea of it 'wanted'.
But not to flaunt.
Since often those good intentions once done,
Will never satisfy with an appreciation mentioned...
Seldom to come from anyone.
And some may become offended. Oh, yes!
By beliefs those intentions to do and with innocence,
Were done just to get an attention meant.
To leave that attention suspected,
One wishes to receive with a getting as detected...
An opportunity for those with good intentions,
To abort any feelings of making these attempts again.
Why offer to sacrifice a limb if one's hand is being bitten?
The winner is,
The one who forgives and forgets...
With a keeping of a peace of mind left to be reminded,
To leave behind those conflicted with a preference to accept,
A love for an ignorance with no exceptions to regret.
Especially by those,
With druthers to begrudge the doings of others.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And...The Winner Is by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Deep Water, The Princess
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns