An angel whispers in my head,
I sadly wonder if I'm dead.
But if I'm in heaven then who are these,
Shining angels I now see?
The bright white light glows invitingly,
Filling me with joy, not frightening me.
I look down at the world full of hate and fear,
And know it will be much better up here.
The angels surround me, and I stare into their eyes,
Tranquil golden spheres, not like mine.
They fly on peachy white feathery wings,
Each honey-sweet voice joins together to sing.
They lift their arms in eternal praise,
Removing from me my sinful ways.
And welcome me in, to heaven above,
Where the only emotions are joy, peace and love.
I take the hand held out to me,
Step through the light to where Jesus greets me.
Amy Darnbrook's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angels by Amy Darnbrook )
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt