I hear angles,
calling my name,
they're saying something,
that instantly puts me to shame.
I can't hear them clearly,
not at all,
but whatever they're saying,
it makes my spirit fall.
It burns my ears,
to have to hear,
all the danger,
They're protecting me,
from something unknown,
but why would it be after me,
why won't it leave me alone?
They can't protect me,
my soul belongs to him...
he'll get the better.
I sold my soul,
I did the s***,
so leave me alone angels,
let me pay for it.
Satan is gone,
God has my soul,
do you know what happened?
They made him let me go.
Great things can happen,
when you believe...
thanks to the angels,
I'm now free.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angels by Sami Woodall )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All through eternity, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man
- Happy I go Unhappy I Go, Akhtar Jawad
- Magical Glass of Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Timeless Ticking, Justin Sisson
- With terror, hasmukh amathalal
- Stars, Justin Sisson
- A Woman Strong, Justin Sisson