I hear angles,
calling my name,
they're saying something,
that instantly puts me to shame.
I can't hear them clearly,
not at all,
but whatever they're saying,
it makes my spirit fall.
It burns my ears,
to have to hear,
all the danger,
They're protecting me,
from something unknown,
but why would it be after me,
why won't it leave me alone?
They can't protect me,
my soul belongs to him...
he'll get the better.
I sold my soul,
I did the s***,
so leave me alone angels,
let me pay for it.
Satan is gone,
God has my soul,
do you know what happened?
They made him let me go.
Great things can happen,
when you believe...
thanks to the angels,
I'm now free.
Sami Woodall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angels by Sami Woodall )
- strange is the mindset!, Somanathan Iyer
- DREAMS........., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- For My Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- On pins and needles, gajanan mishra
- Soul's Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Images Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Down below, GRANT FRASER
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Branches Reaching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Prayer Before Birth, Louis Macneice
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)