Angels On Earth
The world seems so huge to me
And life is like a race,
So much to learn and So much to do
Leaves hardly any time to laze.
But sparing some time,
In this rut of life
I sometime ponder and think,
That how gracious is the Lord
Who sent me, you, as a blessing.
As a philosopher, a guide, a friend, a teacher
God can't reach everywhere
So his angels, he sends down this earth
To her who needs special care.
Why this world is cruel and barbaric,
It maybe because of that
All the good has come to me,
taking your form, and I am glad.
You know clay, so sticky and porous
But when a pot is ready,
It becomes useful, when gets a shape
you're that potter to me.
I may mean nothing to the world,
But to me, you're the beginning of my world.
This is a special bond we share,
Which will break never
Oh its true that in the life to come thereafter
we will always be together.
zubiya surti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Angels On Earth by zubiya surti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- How Irritating, Margaret Alice Second
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen