Angels On My Left & On My Right
Angels are with me when I walk through the jail at night
I have positive thoughts that encase me in their light.
I have to look forward to getting out on bond
I know being in here was for me to see beyond—
beyond what was behind steel jail doors-
I would of never known how the inmates lived
for I was here to bring light like never before.
In places of darkness light workers
are asked to bring their light
We are here to help humanity out of their plight.
If I had I got stuck within these walls with a life of grim
I would of just took flight and
would ended my life on a whim.
For the cross I carry like each one of us do
is now no more for I go home to heaven
in God’s love I am renewed.
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Angels On My Left & On My Right by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery
- I am a Slave, Madrason writer
- Only one poet knows me., Jena Crowe
- Release Me To Those Fresh Breezes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I SPEAK NOT, I TRACE NOT, I BREATHE NOT .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- sunglasses and cheap gum, Jena Crowe