ANIMALS.... BUT WITH TWO LEGS
By God's grace
you walk on two legs
you do not graze
or appear naked
You seem human...
But upon second look...
you are more animal
like the brutal men
from days gone by
who drank blood
ruthless in action...
Life has evolved
but you changed little
You continue this fighting
No deeds of merit
yet declaring your humanity
the great well wisher
People of mountains!
see your acts
where you are left...
One just passing through
This social change...
Poem In Pashto By: Afzal Shauq
Translated in English By: Alley Boling
Book: 'TWIST OF FATES' Poem No.132/Page.178
Web Link: http: //khyberwatch.com/nandara/index.php?
P DF files: http: //khyber.org/books/ashauq/index.shtml
Poet's weblog: www.tolafghan.com/members/afzalshauq
© Afzal Shauq
Afzal Shauq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ANIMALS.... BUT WITH TWO LEGS by Afzal Shauq )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I wish I was Blind, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Saint Michael, Saiom Shriver
- Reflections on Divorce, Phil Soar
- Mute Swan, Phil Soar
- Back Pockets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TENSED ACKNOWLEDEMENT, john chizoba vincent
- The Fly, Phil Soar
- Story Of Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sea, Phil Soar
- A Prayer For My Love, Michael P. McParland