ANIMALS.... BUT WITH TWO LEGS
By God's grace
you walk on two legs
you do not graze
or appear naked
You seem human...
But upon second look...
you are more animal
like the brutal men
from days gone by
who drank blood
ruthless in action...
Life has evolved
but you changed little
You continue this fighting
No deeds of merit
yet declaring your humanity
the great well wisher
People of mountains!
see your acts
where you are left...
One just passing through
This social change...
Poem In Pashto By: Afzal Shauq
Translated in English By: Alley Boling
Book: 'TWIST OF FATES' Poem No.132/Page.178
Web Link: http: //khyberwatch.com/nandara/index.php?
P DF files: http: //khyber.org/books/ashauq/index.shtml
Poet's weblog: www.tolafghan.com/members/afzalshauq
© Afzal Shauq
Afzal Shauq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ANIMALS.... BUT WITH TWO LEGS by Afzal Shauq )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love and Life, Sandra Feldman
- Checkmate And Die, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Flower of Philosophy, KUVEMPU KV PUTTAPPA
- Aimee, Omar Eldamsheety
- Nothing is there to fight for, gajanan mishra
- Bleeding Rain, Lalitha Narayanan
- The Dark Side of Moon, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Utopia, oskar hansen
- The Face of Love, Lalitha Narayanan
- holiday cruise, lee fones