Another birthday Come and gone.
Another life lost by all the wrong.
Time to grow up, Time to move on.
Time to toughen up, time to be strong.
Time to move forward and put the past behind.
Sometimes you wished that things would all rewind.
Another minute, hour, day, and week goes by.
All this pain is still here, I just wanna know why.
I'm so sick of it, all i do is sit here and cry.
I just wanna live my life, but i feel like I'm gonna die.
Wishing this was all just a dream.
That I would fall into your little scheme.
But that is just wishful thinking.
The silence feels worse when were not speaking.
Don't you know this hurts me more then bleeding?
I space off as I stare at the popcorn ceiling.
I don't want to cry this pain anymore.
So I try to hide this pain away and lock the door.
Then cry it all out, sitting alone on the cold floor.
My heart breaks as the pain starts to set in,
I just want my life of you to end.
Ashley Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Day by Ashley Davis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1923 - 1998)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Every Time I Kiss You, Nizar Qabbani
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Collision Course, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Christmas This Year, Khalid Saifullah
- 'a new -but -not- very -old poetry of on.., Nyein Way
- Joy and Peace in Believing, Luo Zhihai
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra
- Art or no art, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizoenen kwijt, Madrason writer
- Mighty Ocean, Zoila T. Flores
- Words left unsaid, Yisel Chong