Another Day Appears
Another day appears again
and allows me to use my eyes
to focus on all the beauty I see
from the ground up to the skies.
I'm up and about filled with doubt
that what I see can compare
with the feeling I get inside of me
that this big old earth's not fair.
What's good for the goose
should be good for the gander.
But as I go from hour to hour,
I'm reminded how much grander
is the beauty that grows
regardless of fairness or grace.
So I disregard the inequities
and put a smile on my face.
Let those that don't understand this
find out in time what they miss.
Their eyes are closed and do not see
that beauty is no novelty.
It's a constant daily sighting
that only opened eyes can see.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Day Appears by Edwina Reizer )
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
- I Saw You Today, Raven McCall
- 'First Step', michael walkerjohn
- conkers, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)