Someone once showed me an image from their
Head. It was like an artist had harnessed
Some divine talent and painted with long,
Vivid strokes, the picture that he saw then.
The edges were smudged, the canvas had an
Uneven, strangely distorted twist, as
If time had had its greasy, piously
Unrelenting cluch upon it. What shame.
I can still recall that fair image. My
Mind cannot let it break away. I saw
A simple man standing in a pool. I
Saw his bearded features reflected, too.
The water was crisp and cool, and yet I
Could not take my eyes from the reflection
Which floated upon the ripples. This man
Was standing still, two-headed and knowing.
Although he faced opposite ways, the calm,
Glassy sheen making his face twice as human
As I can describe, it was forever
Strange that both pairs of eyes gazed the same way...
Daegal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another God? by Daegal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Brocades Spilling Out From Your Baza.., mary douglas
- In A Sugared Quiet Lit By Multicoloured .., mary douglas
- Go on freely, gajanan mishra
- Mirror image, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Weaver Of Waves, Saiom Shriver
- THAT PALM-TREE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dune Fringed, Saiom Shriver
- Watery Arms, Saiom Shriver
- Wet With Words, George Egba
- From Chambered Shells, Saiom Shriver