Another Lost Brother
I lost you once
and I thought I would never loose you again.
I picture us together again
but I know that I will never see you.
You were perfectly fine
but with that little mistake you got taken away.
I love you, you know that
but I cant stop thinking about you.
Another brother lost
for that same mistake.
Another pat of my heart is broken
and it will never be fixed again.
No one will take your place
and that is a promise.
No one will ever understand
as much as you did.
You were the father figure that I followed
and now I have no one.
You will be missed.
I never got to say I love you
and I will never get to say it.
We've lost communication
but you will never be forgotten.
Another brother lost
but that is faith.
Zuleyma Garcia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Another Lost Brother by Zuleyma Garcia )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Steve Turner
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland