blood red angel
I am my own worst enemy,
a dark angel strumming my own death's chords
Helpless against a steady self-destruction.
Stabbing myself viciously with my self-deceiving swords:
I am the antagonist in my own life story.
I hold the ropes that choke the life from me.
I am the killer stalking in my shadows.
I am the evil that only I cannot see.
I am the manic depressive
hidden behind my mannequin grin.
I am the darkness that thrives on isolation.
I am the end of what I never begin.
I am the only one who cannot predict my fate,
Crawling deeper into my tortured fear's lair.
Grieving for an empty soul too far gone to save.
Living only to reach the one thing I crave:
I am the monster hiding under my bed.
I am the nightmare lurking inside my head.
I am the chill that runs down my own spine.
Whose murderous grasp won't I escape in time?
I am the murdering mastermind.
I hold the chains that take my last breath.
I end my life when I have no hope left.
blood red angel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (antagonist by blood red angel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Poet Versus Members - Poem Hunters Rule .., Hardik Vaidya
- Push Aside, Seema Chowdhury
- Earthquake, friend and foe, Siu Lun Tsui
- Inner Callings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spiritual Moments, Seema Chowdhury
- Promise of Spring, Seema Chowdhury
- Brunellus the Ass, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- Richness of Small Things, Seema Chowdhury
- My Coequal, Naveed Akram
- Gajanan Mishra - A Fellow Poet, Hardik Vaidya