blood red angel
I am my own worst enemy,
a dark angel strumming my own death's chords
Helpless against a steady self-destruction.
Stabbing myself viciously with my self-deceiving swords:
I am the antagonist in my own life story.
I hold the ropes that choke the life from me.
I am the killer stalking in my shadows.
I am the evil that only I cannot see.
I am the manic depressive
hidden behind my mannequin grin.
I am the darkness that thrives on isolation.
I am the end of what I never begin.
I am the only one who cannot predict my fate,
Crawling deeper into my tortured fear's lair.
Grieving for an empty soul too far gone to save.
Living only to reach the one thing I crave:
I am the monster hiding under my bed.
I am the nightmare lurking inside my head.
I am the chill that runs down my own spine.
Whose murderous grasp won't I escape in time?
I am the murdering mastermind.
I hold the chains that take my last breath.
I end my life when I have no hope left.
blood red angel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (antagonist by blood red angel )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Unblind and a Blind Man, Luo Zhihai
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra