blood red angel
I am my own worst enemy,
a dark angel strumming my own death's chords
Helpless against a steady self-destruction.
Stabbing myself viciously with my self-deceiving swords:
I am the antagonist in my own life story.
I hold the ropes that choke the life from me.
I am the killer stalking in my shadows.
I am the evil that only I cannot see.
I am the manic depressive
hidden behind my mannequin grin.
I am the darkness that thrives on isolation.
I am the end of what I never begin.
I am the only one who cannot predict my fate,
Crawling deeper into my tortured fear's lair.
Grieving for an empty soul too far gone to save.
Living only to reach the one thing I crave:
I am the monster hiding under my bed.
I am the nightmare lurking inside my head.
I am the chill that runs down my own spine.
Whose murderous grasp won't I escape in time?
I am the murdering mastermind.
I hold the chains that take my last breath.
I end my life when I have no hope left.
blood red angel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (antagonist by blood red angel )
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
- YOU Are First Fiddle in Your Concert, AL.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- ' गुरुगान यशगान ', Rahul Vyas
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Brown Penny, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)