When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
I’ll mew so loud that Cook in fright
Will give me all the cream in sight.
And anyone who dares to say
“Poor Puss” to me will rue the day.
Then having swallowed him I’ll creep
Into the Guest Room Bed to sleep.
Oliver Herford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anticipation by Oliver Herford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- rivers arms around me, Mandolyn Davidson
- i'm homesick for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Spread Love Like VD?, LUVinThe NOW
- The Revelation Of The Brahman, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Lord, Lord, Jared Hirsch
- My Satan, Jared Hirsch
- Shakespeare, Nassy Fesharaki
- Blood of Gaza, Akhtar Jawad
- Small is no less than the big, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- Seed of Lemuria, Cynthia McCoy