An arapaima, I am
A big fish in the Amazon.
Up and down and across I've swam.
I'm a fine finned phenomenon.
My swim bladder hybrids with gill.
There is some lung stuff growing there.
So while waters my preferred, still
I have to come up for some air.
Though fish is main catch of the day.
This fish outta water does find
My rough boned tongue leading the way
For a snack of the feathered kind.
Some like to fish for fish, I've heard.
But my fav is to fish for bird.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Arapaima by Ima Ryma )
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart
- ages, Howard MacDougall
- Wellness doubt, Antonio Liao
- The Circle, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Shot By An Angry Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- mornings, Howard MacDougall
- One Forgets, Naveed Akram
- See The Water, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho