Heavy metal is coming to the Arctic
Men will come and grind and drill
And plummet the depths of the Arctic seas
Plundering the wealth hidden in the depths.
The noise of their ships and drilling will
Confuse the great whales as they swim
Looking for krill to eat and survive.
But there is oil in the depths of the Arctic.
How do you treat a polar bear covered in oil?
How do you treat an oil covered walrus?
How many Orca’s and narwhal have to die
When the arctic has been polluted with oil?
Recent years have shown ice in the arctic
Has melted away and polar bears struggle to
Survive. What arctic sunrise awaits them now
That men have come to drill for oil?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Arctic Sunrise by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Coat Thief, Phil Soar
- Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight When I Sleep, Randy McClave
- Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Freedom From A Dreary Forest, Monk E. Biz
- I, Me, Mine, Manisha parmar
- My Silver Dime, Is It Poetry
- Cavern, Morgan Michaels
- Lumber Jack Dupree, Denis Bourgeau
- this is for you...or whatever, Mandolyn ...