Are You Pissed Yet
Well, are you?
Did the news startle you
That things are a mess.
The Middle East could use some help.
In the Communist countries
There's an electronic curtain
Keeping people out.
Planes go strangely missing
Over unknown ground;
Others don't go missing,
They're eagerly missled down.
There's millions starving
Meaningful work is hard to find,
Taxes steeply climb;
And under the steeple
There's fewer people,
But that's not as bad as it sounds.
My bills are stacking,
We're seriously lacking
A government we can trust.
By any account, our sorry world
Is rightly fucked right up.
If you're not pissed
Then you've missed
The news at six o'clock.
Francie Lynch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You Pissed Yet by Francie Lynch )
- Childless Woman, Sylvia Plath
- Inevitable Infiltration, Wood Nymph
- Aquatic Nocturne, Sylvia Plath
- Gold Mouths Cry, Sylvia Plath
- Soliloquy Of The Solipsist, Sylvia Plath
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar