Christina C Sunrise
ARE ZOO’S TREATING THEIR INMATES BETTER?
The zoos of Canada and the U S of A
treat animals better then jails of America today.
Animals have great pictures that are adored
animals in pictures in brochures they are stored.
Mug shots of inmates are shown in newspapers that can ruin their names—
This keeps the sad gossip of Planetary Dream
being repeated again.
Animals get to go outside most of the time
Humans might not even see day even if all sunshine.
Now it’s sad to see elephants strapped
to shackles at the circus or zoo
How does it feel to be a human
that feels like an animal too?
Sheriffs now imagine what it feels like to
walk in inmates shoes.
Inmates say “We want to go to prison for it’s better than jail”
I say “That is where “The system” does fail.”
Inmates respond in so many words
if I don’t write them here they will not be heard.
“People on the outside don’t care about us—
we are beneath them so are welfare is nothing
we are like dirt or even dust.”
Christina C Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (ARE ZOO’S TREATING THEIR INMATES BETTER? by Christina C Sunrise )
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi