Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Aren’t We One of The Ten Lepers? But, Which One?
Sin is like leprosy of soul!
Ingrained in our hearts and minds is sinfulness;
Our sinful nature is congenital;
Death of the soul is the wages for our sins.
Yet, we can win the war against devils
Like how our Saviour Jesus Christ had done!
Death can’t hold us from rising as He did,
And enter Heaven with a pure soul!
By Baptism, we’ve been made clean;
But sin enters our soul dislodging grace;
God forgives us and heals us when we plead;
Do we return and thank the Lord?
Sin is contagious akin leprosy;
While leprosy destroys body, sin ruins soul;
We live a life ostracized from our God;
But all this rot stems from our own dear faults!
Church laws advise us to do confessions;
Reconcile with the Maker, obtain grace;
Offer your thanks and praises to the Lord;
Pray and ask His help for staying holy!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 16-10-2013
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.