Dr John Celes
Aren’t We One of The Ten Lepers? But, Which One?
Sin is like leprosy of soul!
Ingrained in our hearts and minds is sinfulness;
Our sinful nature is congenital;
Death of the soul is the wages for our sins.
Yet, we can win the war against devils
Like how our Saviour Jesus Christ had done!
Death can’t hold us from rising as He did,
And enter Heaven with a pure soul!
By Baptism, we’ve been made clean;
But sin enters our soul dislodging grace;
God forgives us and heals us when we plead;
Do we return and thank the Lord?
Sin is contagious akin leprosy;
While leprosy destroys body, sin ruins soul;
We live a life ostracized from our God;
But all this rot stems from our own dear faults!
Church laws advise us to do confessions;
Reconcile with the Maker, obtain grace;
Offer your thanks and praises to the Lord;
Pray and ask His help for staying holy!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 16-10-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aren’t We One of The Ten Lepers? But, Which One? by Dr John Celes )
- The Allen Chronicles, Romella Kitchens
- My eyes, Cee Bea
- E-rated poemier-all us, Elvis Airohi
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
- Ludio ludius Lego, michael walkerjohn
- Right to exist, hasmukh amathalal
- Dead Leaves, David Lacey
- Brookstones, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Andrew Barton Paterson
(17 February 1864 – 5 February 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)