Arid experience can scorch a heart.
Burning embers define a passion.
Cretaceous courage fall apart.
Destiny deliver over bridges ashen.
Elysium beckons for the brave.
Frangible as such hope may be.
Galahad has been a slave.
Heteromorphism a patient's key.
Ichneumon have fed upon the ovine throng.
Juvenescence has been sullied.
Kourbash have sung a painful song.
Lucent love could not be bullied.
Mayan cycles soon complete.
Nudge a New World Order close to being.
Ophidian dreams now compete.
Powerless against the human seeing.
Quixotic ideals have failed their test.
Ruined are their chances.
Silhouetted within this pounding chest.
The tree of life, roots and branches.
United throughout a heart's desire.
Victorious such love will ever be.
Where tears fall as hail on fire.
Xeranthemum grow indomitably.
Youthful yearning once did care, among the flattered heifer.
Zion was called out somewhere, along the arid zephyr.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Arid-Zephyr by Anthony Di'anno )
Did you read them?
- One who is against truth, gajanan mishra
- The Rain Falls On The Hill Above, Dennis Lange
- A Mirror, Margaret Alice Second
- Corners Of The Mouth, Saiom Shriver
- Lower Bunk Karma, Saiom Shriver
- Riddle Poem, Kiera Price
- Love is Sacrifice, Paul Sebastian
- The Guilty Innocent, Tata Kosi
- Lyman and Lloyd, Kim Barney
- The Incomplete Dzire, kashif khan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Holly Moon
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)