Arid experience can scorch a heart.
Burning embers define a passion.
Cretaceous courage fall apart.
Destiny deliver over bridges ashen.
Elysium beckons for the brave.
Frangible as such hope may be.
Galahad has been a slave.
Heteromorphism a patient's key.
Ichneumon have fed upon the ovine throng.
Juvenescence has been sullied.
Kourbash have sung a painful song.
Lucent love could not be bullied.
Mayan cycles soon complete.
Nudge a New World Order close to being.
Ophidian dreams now compete.
Powerless against the human seeing.
Quixotic ideals have failed their test.
Ruined are their chances.
Silhouetted within this pounding chest.
The tree of life, roots and branches.
United throughout a heart's desire.
Victorious such love will ever be.
Where tears fall as hail on fire.
Xeranthemum grow indomitably.
Youthful yearning once did care, among the flattered heifer.
Zion was called out somewhere, along the arid zephyr.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Arid-Zephyr by Anthony Di'anno )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak