Around the corner
I wont tell you the stories he has told me,
or the reason why for weeks and months
he couldn't sleep.
About the walk around the corner,
he kept walking round that corner,
walking round that corner
for days and months and weeks.
That isn't my story to tell you, only his;
but I can tell you that he walks around
that corner through his days
and through his weeks.
I can tell you that he marched them home
leading from the front,
right down through the Guildhall
to the sound of thudding drum.
I can tell you that he marched all those
young boys home.
All of them, but one.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Around the corner by Diana Rosser )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Wings of Shakti, Poet Dragon
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- Trap Jaw Ant, Ima Ryma
- We Are Worryors, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- Sonnet.2. A Prisoner's Reverie, Valsa George
- Take Away My Shoes, Tiffany Alexis
- आंबो अजा, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Voice of Struggle, Thomas Lions
- school, Parth17 Bhatia
- I don't deserve, Priscilla Rose