Ars Gratia Denero vs Art for the Sake of Art
I am looking at a black widow spider crawling trapped inside a teacup
What would happen to me if I chose to drink her up?
I am looking at the amber pattern art on the side of the teacup
As trapped on the outside as the spider is inside
prosaic mosaic on the outside
dancing legs like a ballerina with poisonous venom inside
I am looking at a coffee cup shaped like Mickey Mouse
Ars gratia denero, Art for the sake of money
But thats not what they want you to believe
They sell only happiness, everyone buys
They sell no lows, only highs
I wonder who sells the lows?
I went into Lowes, they sell highs too!
Who can remodel a kitchen and mourn the bright colors?
Art for the sake of money
coming to take yours honey
Where should your money go?
To a cowboy riding his horse alone across the snow?
Send it to my new church the first church of Art.
We will get inside your heart!
First church of human being
We will start your soul to seeing!
Art for the sake of Art
its a beautiful place to start!
I am looking at a lake, a blue heron calmly stands at the edge
While in New York a distraught teen jumps off another ledge.
Goodbye cruel world she screams
As she shatters all her parents dreams
Was she my spider or my pattern we know not.
Art for the sake of art.
Salvation survives in a blueberry poptart.
BEAU GOLDEN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ars Gratia Denero vs Art for the Sake of Art by BEAU GOLDEN )
- The Elf, Harold R Hunt Sr
- One Game, Naveed Akram
- Soothing dawn, Tiku akp
- Song of the Bell, Leslie Philibert
- Song of Farewell, Leslie Philibert
- A question..., ging taping
- synthesis of civilization., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Declaiming Waters none may dread, Emily Dickinson
- I love the way you live in the silence, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- Translating an ancient artifact for the .., Cyndi K. Gacosta
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)