Ars Gratia Denero vs Art for the Sake of Art
I am looking at a black widow spider crawling trapped inside a teacup
What would happen to me if I chose to drink her up?
I am looking at the amber pattern art on the side of the teacup
As trapped on the outside as the spider is inside
prosaic mosaic on the outside
dancing legs like a ballerina with poisonous venom inside
I am looking at a coffee cup shaped like Mickey Mouse
Ars gratia denero, Art for the sake of money
But thats not what they want you to believe
They sell only happiness, everyone buys
They sell no lows, only highs
I wonder who sells the lows?
I went into Lowes, they sell highs too!
Who can remodel a kitchen and mourn the bright colors?
Art for the sake of money
coming to take yours honey
Where should your money go?
To a cowboy riding his horse alone across the snow?
Send it to my new church the first church of Art.
We will get inside your heart!
First church of human being
We will start your soul to seeing!
Art for the sake of Art
its a beautiful place to start!
I am looking at a lake, a blue heron calmly stands at the edge
While in New York a distraught teen jumps off another ledge.
Goodbye cruel world she screams
As she shatters all her parents dreams
Was she my spider or my pattern we know not.
Art for the sake of art.
Salvation survives in a blueberry poptart.
BEAU GOLDEN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ars Gratia Denero vs Art for the Sake of Art by BEAU GOLDEN )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- We lose—because we win, Emily Dickinson
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Wish You Were Here, Eugene Latumbo
- કોઈ પણ બહાને koi pan, hasmukh amathalal
- Observation, Hans Raj Sharma
- MY CUSTOM, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- ANOKHA YEH DUNIYA KA MELA, Om Chawla
- The 4th day of Christmas, mai venn
- a hero, Cee Bea
- Never think again, hasmukh amathalal
- GO AWAY, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- वक्त की दिवार हम नहीं vakt ki, hasmukh amathalal