Art of Responsibility
What is responsibility?
Fair soul to apologize
Role that must be fulfilled
Ready to deal the consequence
When you must be responsible?
When something goes wrong
When duty calls to be done
When you face the challenge
Why you must be responsible?
Because it is your fault
Because it is your job
Because it is your risk
How you gonna be responsible?
By grudgingly admitting the mistake
By taking redemption action
By carrying the burden all by yourself
And do you with your responsibility
Sincere with what you confess?
Try to find consolation?
Or trap yourself in guilt?
So where are you when responsibility demands?
Hiding behind twisted words
Immediately place yourself in front
Or simply your nature to keep changing like weather
maria sudibyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Art of Responsibility by maria sudibyo )
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
- The Light of Day, David Griebel
- FAIRY TALE PRINCESS, Visato Kiso
- Flowers, David Griebel
- Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried, Effie Waller Smith
- Generosity, Babatunde Aremu
- Futile Peace Troll, Aftab Alam
- Dragons, David Griebel
- After Reading the Song of Hiawatha, Effie Waller Smith
- Two Things, Taurai, George Pfumbi
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)