As a year begin
The blossoms of the New Year's crown
Bloom from the ashes of the dead.'
The Old Year's heart was full of greed;
with selfishness it longed and ached,
and cried: 'I have not half I need.
My thirst is bitter and unlaced.
But to the New Year's generous hand
all gifts in plenty shall return;
True love it shall understand;
by all your failures it shall learn.
I will bring Sweet smiles,
That told no pain just faith.
As you gazed unto my eye,
And I fell in your sweet embrace
Softly whisper your passion
Come to me my loving heart.
I felt so safe in your arms.
As past years hurried by,
Still we'd gaze eye to eye
How golden the memory
Sheer magic it weaves,
And as a New Year begins
As eternal love Wrapped
in our flowing desires.
Revelry A floral sheer magic it weaves,
The joyous bells echoed
From the depth of my souls embrace.
Let me be brave when the burden is great,
Faithful when wounded by sorrow;
Teach me, when troubled, with patience to wait
the better and brighter to-morrow.
Mary Wismer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As a year begin by Mary Wismer )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal
- Nature's love and hate song, Anu Shraddha