'As Passion Burns...'
As passion burns, the electric energy between us
Is felt by both.
Finally, I feast my eyes upon you-
In the flesh.
I touch your face, your lips, and gaze into your
big brown eyes-
The moment is lost within our dreams, as if destiny…
Fate… has finally given us this gift
Even though we only have a short while to explore all the dreams
and possibilities that have been gifted to us…
We waste no time with pleasantries.
And that kiss launches a fire that consumes
our hearts, escapes our breath, and touches us to the very core
of our soul.
It’s time to soar into the southwestern sun…
Time to take that ride.
And we begin.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('As Passion Burns...' by Kelly Seale )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)