Ace Of Black Hearts
As The Words Begin
Meeting on the moon.
The wish of sometime soon.
Only if the capturing of the soul wasn't so interwoven with so much pain and agony.
It was never meant to be imprisoned in such a way.
Whisper upon all the uncertainties.
A heart put upon a dart board as if it was game.
And in that moment of fleecing and piercing, does one ever stop to think what happens if I get tired of it and it is left to rot?
Too young for the broken.
Too old for the first.
If inner desires ring true this time may be worse.
Compassion for those who only need it.
This is the weakness of the vulnerable.
Emotions on the sleeve.
Screaming help me.
Make it stop.
But what is it we really want?
Sometimes we just don't know.
And we feel only contempt those who do.
All figured out in a single moment of glee.
Sorry but you just too god damn happy.
Nothing like a glass of freshly brewed hot tea.
Would you like cream and sugar with it?
No please, it was never meant or suppose to be so sweet.
Purpose isn't defined by pure intention.
That is not how it works.
It is ever changing in the constant awakening in which live.
From one moment to the next.
Making something simple out of the ever so complex.
Not in a way to be you thought would be understood.
But instead in a way of bringing it to the here and now.
For with a presence given, words become musical instrument that needs and wants to be played.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As The Words Begin by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- On The Brink Of Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Names, Frank Avon
- Freedom, stephen ifill
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Nov. .., Brian Johnston
- Missing Links, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Evermore, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- A lovely even for the stars of respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Silence Passed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
- The universe is conspiring in our favor, Sagrario Garcia
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(1644 - 1694)