Asked and Given
I asked for strength, that i might achieve
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men
I was given weaknes, that I might feel the need of God.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for.
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE ON POEMS*
Wade Blade's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Asked and Given by Wade Blade )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Preposterous, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- The Little Wood, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Moral Roundabout, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Old Wheelwright, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Idiot Girl, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- All the Steps, John Taggart
- Heimdall, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Orange Berries Dark Green Leaves, John Taggart
- Horses To Market, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Foreign Wife Elegy, Yuko Taniguchi