It's a minority,
A voice that's never heard.
The mighty asterisk,
Proves the difference to us all,
It's the fine print,
Covered by a wall.
It's the happiness,
Beneath the murky waters of the melancholy,
Beneath the pale, blank face.
It's the comeback from adversity,
The love never admitted,
The pain that's not considered,
And the evil that's permitted
(In the hearts and minds of innocence)
And above all it's just another extra part.
That little hidden detail,
The crisis beneath a farce.
The dagger hidden beneath the armour,
The poison on the dart.
And talking of excess
Talk of the dramatic-
Is not what it's about!
Closer still to the nomadic.
ally gunther's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Asterisk by ally gunther )
- Being Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Show door, hasmukh amathalal
- They danced, Brian Kilpatrick
- Sure to over come, hasmukh amathalal
- Lull Me to Sleep, Valsa George
- GSTAR 오피뷰 OPGANDA.COM 장항동휴게텔, 신촌휴게텔 게임 대축제, bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- The Little Girl Cried In Agony, Ali Faisal
- Carelessness..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Sycophant, Ali Faisal
- Love, shafeeqrahman rahman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)