It's a minority,
A voice that's never heard.
The mighty asterisk,
Proves the difference to us all,
It's the fine print,
Covered by a wall.
It's the happiness,
Beneath the murky waters of the melancholy,
Beneath the pale, blank face.
It's the comeback from adversity,
The love never admitted,
The pain that's not considered,
And the evil that's permitted
(In the hearts and minds of innocence)
And above all it's just another extra part.
That little hidden detail,
The crisis beneath a farce.
The dagger hidden beneath the armour,
The poison on the dart.
And talking of excess
Talk of the dramatic-
Is not what it's about!
Closer still to the nomadic.
ally gunther's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Asterisk by ally gunther )
- On The Brink Of Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Names, Frank Avon
- Freedom, stephen ifill
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Nov. .., Brian Johnston
- Missing Links, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Evermore, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- A lovely even for the stars of respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Silence Passed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
- The universe is conspiring in our favor, Sagrario Garcia
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(1644 - 1694)