It's a minority,
A voice that's never heard.
The mighty asterisk,
Proves the difference to us all,
It's the fine print,
Covered by a wall.
It's the happiness,
Beneath the murky waters of the melancholy,
Beneath the pale, blank face.
It's the comeback from adversity,
The love never admitted,
The pain that's not considered,
And the evil that's permitted
(In the hearts and minds of innocence)
And above all it's just another extra part.
That little hidden detail,
The crisis beneath a farce.
The dagger hidden beneath the armour,
The poison on the dart.
And talking of excess
Talk of the dramatic-
Is not what it's about!
Closer still to the nomadic.
ally gunther's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Asterisk by ally gunther )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Brief History of History, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- equal, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- AHMAD RAMI, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Underlord., Maurice Whyte
- I am Yours, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- unanswered, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- passwords, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- lullabies, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- aftertaste, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- Beauty is everywhere, Maurice Whyte