As I walk the dog each night, I stare into the sky.
The stars alone bear mute witness to my daily weary sigh
I still ask the heavens of what went wrong to love that went awry.
And I think of the things we could have done but she would not even try.
Writing rhymes about our problems is a great temptation.
No matter our marital pitfalls there was a promise of dedication.
Heartbreak and richer lawyers are the only education
True soul mates who have broken bonds are a sad aberration.
Love and trust can be repaired, make it your marriage vocation.
Marriage and family live in love and should not seek cessation.
So, these words from I who may face life in relative isolation
'Never make a permanent fix to a temporary situation.'
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Asunder by Edward Iacona )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- GOD'S BLESSINGS, Tom Zart
- Emptiness needed, Nalini Chaturvedi
- THE CRIMINALIZING OF LAETRILE, Richard Thripp
- What Can Israel Do It If They Understand.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gods Strong Hold, Lilly Emery
- Softball Game, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Maharshi Aurobido's The Life Divine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Casting A Lure, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flagflap, Saiom Shriver
- Ants, RoseAnn V. Shawiak