As I walk the dog each night, I stare into the sky.
The stars alone bear mute witness to my daily weary sigh
I still ask the heavens of what went wrong to love that went awry.
And I think of the things we could have done but she would not even try.
Writing rhymes about our problems is a great temptation.
No matter our marital pitfalls there was a promise of dedication.
Heartbreak and richer lawyers are the only education
True soul mates who have broken bonds are a sad aberration.
Love and trust can be repaired, make it your marriage vocation.
Marriage and family live in love and should not seek cessation.
So, these words from I who may face life in relative isolation
'Never make a permanent fix to a temporary situation.'
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Asunder by Edward Iacona )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(march 12 1950)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Fish, Elizabeth Bishop
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong
- No One Could Ever Understand, Thabang Rakimane
- You made me evil, Yisel Chong