At a conference entitled
Best Practices in the Classroom
Principal Harry Zundel was instructed by
Superintendent Bertha Happ
to place an aquarium in each classroom
to uplift the spirits of the children
thus creating serenity,
One day Irving Tennenbaum,
a failed Rabbinical student…
well, the endless study of Torah
had induced sadness, madness, melancholia, etc.,
said, “Lillie Rush swallowed another goldfish…
“Not Tillie, ” I said, “the one with the brilliant colors.”
I thought after she devoured Samson
that was the last of her obsession.
I thought to expel her,
I won’t say she’s not,
but, still, she’s searching
for a way to reside in Holiness...
we all are, Bernstein.
To come to exist in that state
is our deepest purpose.
because The Almighty has imbued us all
with that desire.”
“Tillie was my favorite, ” I sighed.
“Like a little spinning rainbow.”
Charles Wax's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At a conference entitled by Charles Wax )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wondering Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra