At a conference entitled
Best Practices in the Classroom
Principal Harry Zundel was instructed by
Superintendent Bertha Happ
to place an aquarium in each classroom
to uplift the spirits of the children
thus creating serenity,
One day Irving Tennenbaum,
a failed Rabbinical student…
well, the endless study of Torah
had induced sadness, madness, melancholia, etc.,
said, “Lillie Rush swallowed another goldfish…
“Not Tillie, ” I said, “the one with the brilliant colors.”
I thought after she devoured Samson
that was the last of her obsession.
I thought to expel her,
I won’t say she’s not,
but, still, she’s searching
for a way to reside in Holiness...
we all are, Bernstein.
To come to exist in that state
is our deepest purpose.
because The Almighty has imbued us all
with that desire.”
“Tillie was my favorite, ” I sighed.
“Like a little spinning rainbow.”
Charles Wax's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At a conference entitled by Charles Wax )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Elements Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Inner Freedom's Equality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing a loved mate, Ananta Madhavan
- Tears Imprisoned, The Astronomer
- Night Of Creative Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Love Story..., John Ugolo Umah
- nothing says nothing like this, Mandolyn Davidson
- Ripples Of The Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- she came across in Wrangler jeans, Bloar Heir
- A Boy and His Dog, Kewayne Wadley