AT THE BRINK
“Few more strides into rival site; fight! Fight!
Yelled a lieutenant, “Conquest’s within our sight”
“Few more mouthfulls of ale; let me guzzle, guzzle”
Craved a carouser, “I’m at the edge of the azure”
“One more joker in the deck; let me bet! Bet!
Hoped a gamester, “I’m going to hit jackpot”
“More billions in coffer; let me earn! Earn! ”
Yearned a magnate, “I’ll soon be number one”
“One more cute woman; let me try! Try”
Vied a wooer, “My grand hundredth prey”
“Awful are human wiles; I can’t deal! Heal! ”
Riled Almighty “I crawl into the Black hole”
Slimy borders shake you, shock you; strain! Drain!
Gain on with guts; lest back to square one! Again! ! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (AT THE BRINK by sathya narayana )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- frog on pug, sallam yassin
- Invincible, Jackie Osae
- See The Girls, Sell The Photos of, As Yo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- in/out, co the skipper
- I Cannot Hold Israel Guilty Merely, The .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Homecoming, David Lewis Paget
- A Battle Within, Manauwer Raza
- To My Family, Elia Michael
- Do Not Play With The Emotions of Simple .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- SMOKE OF DECEIT, Terence Repelente